Monday, June 28, 2010

Seafood Bisque


Ok this is my version of a Seafood Bisque I had at The River Rose Cafe a few months ago (happy side note... I had ordered cheesy potato and got this instead. Fabulous mistake!) It's what one of my friends would call a "once a year soup". It's too expensive and much too rich to make more often than that. I like to have this with cheesy scones or homemade croutons. Here's what it looks like...
oh yummness
Seafood Bisque:


1-2 rib's celery

1 medium onion

¼ c butter

½ c brandy

2 c chicken stock

1 c clam juice

1.5 c Clamato juice

4 c water

2 c cream

2 c frozen shrimp

2 c frozen scallops

1 pk chunk crab meat

1 can chopped tomatoes

4 vegetable stock cubes

Adobo seasoning

Chives small handful

Parsley small handful

White pepper 3 shakes

Hot pepper sauce 2 shakes

Basil a goodly amount

Garlic 2-4 cloves, to taste

Seasoning salt, a few shakes

Onion powder, lots of shakes (but i like onion)

½ c flour

1 c hot water



Thinly slice onion and celery.



Melt butter in a large Dutch oven, add onion and celery, cook until transparent, then add garlic.


Add brandy. Do not put your head over the pot when you do this or you will be sorry, and possibly drunk.


Dump in chicken stock, clam juice, Clamato, water and tomatoes. Bring to a gentle simmer.



Add shrimp, scallops and crab meat.

Add seasonings to taste. I don't really measure this stuff. I used 2 shakes of the hot pepper sauce and 3 sprinkles of the white pepper but I was trying to keep it from being too spicy.

Mix flour and water and add to mixture to thicken a little. Once its thick enough, serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment