Monday, July 19, 2010

You Spin Me Right Round Baby...



So I go through these crazy spinning phases... I'll do nothing but spin for like days on end... I can feel it coming. I can feel it in my blood. It's like a really cool version of the flu. I catch it and I can't stop.

Here's my list for what I needed to do tonight:

1) Fold Laundry
2) Make cookies (oatmeal... hopefully healthyish)
3) Make brownies (make-a-mix recipe, probably not that healthy)
4) Clean up the sewing mess from this weekend



Here's the only thing I wanted to do: Spin!

Now did you see spin on that first list? I didn't think so.

Oh, and I totally get that no one 'needs' oatmeal cookies and brownies but just trust me on this one...

So what did I get done?

Well I folded the laundry and I made the cookies. Also I made a cake pedestal to display the cookies on. Can't have my cookies sitting on just a regular plate can I?



I decided I'd done enough work that I could spin. Unfortunately my wheel had other ideas. The little leather bit that holds the treadle to the conrod broke. It's not her fault. She's an older version of the Ashford Traditional and I think she sat for a long time before I got her. The leather looked pretty dried out. I'll have to switch over to the Lendrum for now. Unfortunately my next chance to spin isn't for 2 days. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment