Also today I found a permanent home for my Kitchen Aid Mixer. I've only had it a few months, and in my tiny kitchen its been kind of shuffled around, but its mostly lived on the kitchen table. Not a fitting place for such a fabulous piece of equipment. So starting today she lives on my counter next to the sink. I had to relocate the coffee maker (to a shelf, but I don't drink that much coffee) and my knife block, but it's worth it.
Also, it turns out you can't rearrange a kitchen without making cookies.
Here's the recipe:
Butter Cookies
1.5 cups flour
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup softened butter
cinnamon and sugar. (I didn't measure, about as much as you'd use for cinnamon toast.)
mix the first 5 ingredients until combined.
roll into 1 inch balls, flatten with a cup dipped into the cinnamon sugar.
bake at 325 for about 20 minutes
1/2 cup confectionary sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup softened butter
cinnamon and sugar. (I didn't measure, about as much as you'd use for cinnamon toast.)
mix the first 5 ingredients until combined.
roll into 1 inch balls, flatten with a cup dipped into the cinnamon sugar.
bake at 325 for about 20 minutes
Flourless chocolate cake is awesome, and I recommend Equal Exchange baking cocoa, which I should send you. Also, if you top it with homemade whipped cream, which has had instant coffee powder added to it, it's pretty amazing! :)
ReplyDelete